As part of the Proud to be Yarra Festival, the incredible talented students of Spensley Street Primary School participated in a competition to design for a poster the celebrates sustainable living.
Each grade at Spensley Street PS was invited to design a poster around a different sustainable living theme:
- Grade Prep – Reducing waste and litter.
- Grade One – Gardening and growing your own vegies.
- Grade Two – Saving water.
- Grade Three – Recycling.
- Grade Four - Riding your bike.
- Grade Five – Saving energy.
- Grade Six – Renewable energy.
We pulled together a local panel of experts in Art, Education and Communication who judged the posters, looking for designs that are fun, creative and most of all will inspire people to live more sustainably.
Ninety-nine students entered the competition and in total ten designs were chosen as winners (some were a little too close to call!) and winning students awarded a certificate and their prize by the Mayor at the opening of the Festival.