Fixing your home can help you become more energy-efficient and reduce your living costs.
A first easy step in knowing how to fix your home for better energy and savings is to jump on the ecologic app to get a free energy assessment for your home.
There are certain measures that you can take at home, such as:
- Orienting different living areas to take better advantage of natural heat from the sun.
- Insulating parts of your home such as its ceiling, walls and floors.
- Draught proofing, making sure heat doesn’t escape your home when it’s cold.
- Choosing soft furnishings (such as rugs, carpets, curtains) to keep your home warm and cosy.
- Better lighting consuming less electricity.
- Window design and glazing reducing heat loss.