Contact us for free energy advice or to get a quote for your next upgrade, be it solar panels or a hot water heat pump. The Metro Community Power Hub can connect you with trusted and accredited experts and installers to meet your needs.
The MCPH Solar Program
Why our Solar Program?
More and more Australians are reaping the financial and environmental rewards of moving to solar power, with rooftop panels now on one in four households nationally.
While the many benefits of having a rooftop solar system for your home, organisation or business are clear, the process of choosing the right one can seem daunting – which is where the Metro Community Power Hub’s new solar program can help.
As well as offering discounts of up to 20% off retail prices, our energy experts are ready to assess your needs and find a system that suits you – whether you’re a sporting club, a small business or a resident, we’d love to match you with the perfect solar setup.
Why our program?
The reasons are simple:
- As a not-for-profit, you can count on us to always provide independent and expert advice.
- We have the runs on the board: our team at the Yarra Energy Foundation have worked in this industry for years. Along the way they’ve organised the installation of more than 18,000 solar panels on the rooftops of homes and businesses across Melbourne, and advised more than 13,000 residents and businesses on better energy choices.
- At the MCPH we only work with the very best – suppliers and installers who are chosen through our rigorous procurement process, ensuring you’ll get high-quality products, competitive prices and excellent customer service.
- We love navigating the sometimes complex world of rebates, tracking down exactly what you may be eligible for.
We’re also truly passionate about solar power, so we’re always happy to answer any questions you have about issues such as payback times, inverters or exporting excess power back to the grid.
And don’t forget: by purchasing your solar system through the Metro Community Power Hub you’re taking positive action in driving our city towards a zero carbon future, while supporting community energy and saving money.
It’s a no-brainer, right? We think so.
If you’re ready for a free quote or have any queries, big or small, just fill out this contact form and we’ll be in touch.
For more information on the benefits of solar PV, visit Sustainability Victoria.
How much will it cost?
There are a number of factors that will affect the cost of a system. Which size system (measured in kilowatts, kW) you need, what type of panels you choose (standard or premium), and the type of inverter (used to convert energy from solar panels into useable electricity) required mean there’s no one-size-fits-all.
The complexity of the installation (does your home have multiple storeys?) and the orientation and pitch of your roof will also play a role.
The good news is that our experts have extensive experience in this field, while our not-for-profit status means you know the advice we give is always independent.
As well as deciphering the technical considerations and cost implications of different solar packages, the Metro Community Power Hub Solar Program can also help you access government rebates to subsidise the cost of your install.
We work with only the best solar suppliers, and consider them as key partners in our transition to a clean energy future. YEF constantly evaluates the solar market to ensure that all of these suppliers are held to the highest of standards.
Our commitment is to make the process of choosing solar is as simple and transparent as possible for you, from start to finish.
Register here to get the ball rolling.
What rebates can I access?
There are a number of state and federal government rebates on offer for solar power.
The Solar Victoria Scheme is providing a rebate of $1,400 plus a no-interest 4-year loan of $1,400 for eligible households.
You can be eligible if you meet the following criteria:
- you are the owner-occupier of the property
- you have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- you have not already received a rebate as an owner-occupier under the Solar Homes Program
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- the property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
- you do not have an existing solar PV system*.
* Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.
Not-for-profit community housing providers will also be eligible to apply for a rebate on behalf of their tenants.
Businesses can also access rebates too, with Solar for Business rebates now covering up to 50% of the cost of a rooftop system and small businesses eligible for a rebate of up to $3,500.
Read the latest on the Solar for Business Program.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- Be the owner of a business which has less than 20 employees
- Operate from the premises that are not considered residential
- Operate from premises that are individually metered
- Have your system installed by a Solar Victoria approved retailer, which the MCHP program includes
- Install a solar system with a PV capacity size up to a maximum 30kW
Ownership of a premises also includes a property which is owned by an associated entity such as a Family Trust, Holding Company or Self Managed Super Fund.
Whatever your situation or needs, there’s plenty of options we can help you explore.
Get in touch with us here.