- This event has passed.
Community battery trial in the City of Yarra – an introduction and Q&A (#2)
September 11 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pmFree
Register for the event here
About this event
Right now, there is a lot of excitement about “community batteries” and their role in the transition to net zero carbon. They can increase peoples’ access to renewable energy, increase energy affordability, and enable more people to install rooftop solar. Community batteries also tackle some of the networks’ most challenging problems like network ‘congestion’ and how to enable more solar exports to the grid.
This session will be facilitated in an ‘interview style’ and the audience will be encouraged to contribute their ideas and ask questions about community batteries. These conversations will inform the project team and shape the next steps of the Yarra community battery trial. Brief presentations to set the scene will be followed by a Q&A with the Yarra community battery trial team.
- Samantha Green, Climate Emergency Lead, City of Yarra
- Timothy Shue, Communications & Marketing Manager, Yarra Energy Foundation
- Chris Wallin, Project Manager, Community Batteries, Yarra Energy Foundation
- Keiran Price, Senior Project Officer, the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning – Energy Programs
- Greg Hannan, Head of Network Strategy & Non-Network Solutions, CitiPower
- Jennie Suann, Stakeholder & Engagement Manager, CitiPower
- Joanna Cooney, Senior Communications & Engagement Consultant, RPS – CitiPower
The webinar is hosted by the City of Yarra and the Yarra Energy Foundation.
A zoom link and short pre-session survey will be emailed upon registration.
For more information about the community battery trial in the City of Yarra, visit https://www.yef.org.au/community-batteries/
Can’t make this session? Don’t worry! The session will be recorded and made available after the event.
Otherwise, we are hosting another session on 1 September 2021.