Neighbourhood Battery Training courses
A series of Neighbourhood Battery training sessions are being made available as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to ensuring Victoria is best positioned to embrace our energy transition.
The Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action (DEECA) has engaged the Yarra Energy Foundation (YEF), an independent not-for-profit with a focus on facilitating the uptake of renewable energy and energy efficiency by all sectors of the community, to provide training in the fundamental elements of developing both feasibility and business cases on neighbourhood-scale batteries.
1 day course:
The 1-day course aims to equip participants with foundational knowledge to support feasibility assessment of neighbourhood battery opportunities, by considering:
- The rationale (i.e., is a neighbourhood battery a suitable solution?)
- The operating model (inc. use case, hardware, value streams, dispatch principles)
- The location (i.e., site selection processes and criteria)
- The stakeholders (i.e., communications and engagement)
- The elements of a feasibility study/assessment
2 day course:
The two-day course aims to provide participants with essential knowledge and tools to support planning and delivery of neighbourhood battery projects by exploring:
- The fundamentals of Battery Energy Storage System components, operation and procurement
- The different value streams available to neighbourhood batteries, considering market participation, retail arrangements and network tariffs
- Different business/operating models, use cases, and dispatch control methods
- Processes and criteria for site identification, assessment, and approval
- Approaches to conducting meaningful and successful communications and stakeholder engagement
- The role of neighbourhood batteries in decarbonising the energy system
- Priorities for project management, including relevant project partners and sequencing of critical project activities
- Steps towards developing and assessing a robust project plan and business case
The one-day course will be run in Melbourne. Cost for full day of training, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea – $237.28 including GST – discounts available for not-for-profit organisations.
- Monday 13 November
- Friday 17 November The two-day course will be run in early 2024. Further 1-day courses may be held in the future if these courses are over-subscribed.
To register your interest, please email email@example.com
Please note that depending upon demand, spaces may be limited to two people per organisation.