Solar panels can generate electricity for your apartment unit, floor, and entire building. This can help you save on energy bills and reduce carbon emissions.
Apartment buildings currently make up ~16% of Australian dwellings. However, their uptake of solar systems has been relatively slow. For many, the goal of generating their own energy seems too confusing or complicated to achieve.
Yarra Energy Foundation have worked with multiple partners to complete ‘The Guide to Solar for Apartments’. A comprehensive document full of guidance, step-by-step advice, and information on how to tackle the roadblocks faced by apartment tenants, owners, and management companies when approaching solar for apartments.
What are these roadblocks?
- Lack of accurate and accessible advice for apartment dwellers and owners.
- Difficulty managing diverse interests and needs of multiple residents.
- Technical difficulty of installing rooftop solar on apartment complexes.
Residential buildings are responsible for ~12% of Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions.
The Solar Guide for Apartments has been designed for a Victorian context to:
- Explain the key challenges of installing solar on apartment buildings.
- Assist residents to find suitable solar options for their home.
- Offer a step-by-step approach for installing solar on an apartment building.
- Identify the key stakeholders who need to be engaged during this process.
- Offer valuable advice and resources to make your solar journey as easy as possible.