Yarra Trams Announces 2023 Community Partners
Yarra Energy Foundation (YEF) are thrilled to be announced as one of the six community organisations to take part in the annual Yarra Trams Community Partnerships Program (YTCPP). This program provides in-kind advertising, in the form of a tram wrap, to social enterprises to help promote the impressive work they do within the community.
We attended an excellent launch event hosted by Yarra Trams (YT) on 5/10/2022 where we heard from YT employees and partners from the 2022 program. It was great to meet everybody and learn more about the fantastic work each of the partner organisations does in Melbourne.
The theme for the 2023 program is ‘Building a Resilient and Sustainable Melbourne’, with participants supporting Victoria’s natural environment, as well as organisations working to improve employment security of disadvantaged and at-risk communities.
The six community organisations whose message will be seen on the world’s largest tram network in 2023 are:
- Yarra Riverkeeper, who will run a campaign headlined “Love, Protect and Connect with your Yarra, Birrarung” to capture the feeling and essence of the Riverkeepers, while providing the opportunity for individual action.
- SisterWorks will use their tram to campaign for the recruitment of migrant, refugee, and asylum seeker women to receive education and training, and to engage and create awareness for new supporters and philanthropists.
- Oz Harvest, who will post a call to action on the tram for Melbournians to fight food waste in the home.
- Asylum Seeker’s Resource Centre will use the phrase “it’s not charity, it’s a chance” to highlight people seeking asylum don’t want handouts, they want a hand up and access to economic opportunity.
- Conservation Volunteers will encourage Australians to develop ‘nature blocks’ to bring wildlife to local neighbourhoods, be it on a balcony, nature strip, back yard, or community garden.
- Yarra Energy Foundation will focus on developing “net-zero neighbourhoods” with community batteries storing and sharing renewable energy.
“Selecting just six organisations to partner with every year is incredibly difficult, but we are delighted to highlight the selfless work of our 2023 partners that align with Yarra Trams’ values and are making Melbourne a better, fairer, and more sustainable place in which to live and work.” – Julien Dehornoy, Yarra Trams’ CEO
Yarra Energy Foundation is incredibly excited to be a part of this program and we look forward to seeing all the fabulous designs that the other partners will undoubtedly come up with.
We will provide updates into this program and our individual design once it has been finalised and printed, but that will likely not be until mid-way through 2023.
Thanks again to Yarra Trams for this incredible opportunity!